The school is situated on a ten acre site in a rural location adjacent to the small village of Coachford approximately 18 miles west of Cork city. The school itself is a modern building. A large extension was added in 2001.This extension almost doubled the floor area of the school. There are 31 classrooms in total and these comprise of a mix of general classrooms and specialist rooms, laboratories and workshops.These rooms include
- Full sized Physical Education Hall
- 3 Science Laboratories
- 3 Workshops
- 2 Home Economics Rooms
- 4 Fully Equipped Computer Laboratories
- Music/Drama Room
- Technical Drawing Room
- 17 general classrooms (including tiered demonstration room)
There are two canteen areas, a conservatory area as well as several other general social areas. A full hot service bistro serves hot healthy food daily.
The grounds still contain many of the features of the original Georgian house and estate that were situated there from the middle of the nineteenth century. These features include
- A large walled garden that is used by Senior Cycle Agricultural Science students.
- The courtyard of the original building. The courtyard was completely refurbished in 2000.
There are three separate hard court playing areas on the grounds. A new football/hurling/camogie pitch was recently added. A major new building project is due to commence in coming years at Coachford College.